Abydos Designer 8.2 Released for BMC Remedy applications.
Abydos are pleased to announce the general release of Abydos Designer 8.2, winner of the product of the year award WWRUG 2010. This new release provides some powerful new features including:
- New approval action: can be used with SRM 2.2, 7.6 or ITSM 7.6 Change Management applications. The approval action can be used to support complex approval processes and utilises the Remedy Approval Engine for execution.
- Enhanced Data Retrieval: allows selection of data from anywhere in Remedy using a standard qualification. Can be used for process routing decisions, updating other records in Remedy or as part of other actions such as email notifications or approval actions (see above).
Why Abydos Designer ?
Abydos Designer is the only process modelling tool designed specifically for BMC Remedy applications. Use the Standalone version for requirements gathering, process workshops or to customise best-practice process models for IT Service Management without the need for a Remedy server but with full access to Remedy form structures and field references.
Once design is complete, simply export and (provided you have purchased the full version of Abydos Designer), import onto one of your Remedy servers to allow the processes to be implemented in real time without the need for any complex development, templates or customisation.
Use with ITSM 7 Incident, Problem, Change, SRM or custom Remedy applications. All process integration is completely data-driven so no need for any changes to workflow rules or application settings.
- End-end graphical process design
- Accelerate deployment of ITSM/SRM 7.6 applications.
- Reduce or eliminate development/customisation effort.
- Keep your ITSM applications out of the box
- Simplified access to ITSM/SRM for end-users through Abydos process wizard
Download Free Software
To download your free copy of Abydos Designer Standalone, simply go to the Abydos website at www.abydos-workflow.com , login (or register), then click on Abydos Designer on the Downloads menu.
After downloading, run the setup file to install the software, then launch the product and click on the Apply for Licence button to request your free licence key.
|| Abydos Designer provides the environment that allows non-technical users to create and maintain processes that are used to drive and enforce workflow rules within BMC applications. This means that you can keep your applications out-of-the-box while enabling customisation to be defined through process definitions.
|| Abydos Analyser is the most effective way to analyse, edit, document and graphically present workflow rules within BMC Remedy applications. Abydos Analyser can be used with any BMC Remedy application, including ITSM 7, SRM and any custom built applications. It uses a familiar Visio-based graphical interface allowing developers to view workflow graphically without having to search through lists of workflow objects.
**Requires registration. Free licence provided for six months. Does not include the Remedy Implementation component which is part of the full Abydos Designer product.
For further information, please contact Abydos at
USA (Toll-Free): 866 635 4358,
Europe: +44 (0)1582 400127,