How to Install AREMAIL Service without using the installer??
My windows server recenlty crashed. The server team at my company brought the server up via back up but, it was file only restore. Once I re-install remedy server and configured everthing. The aremail would not install has service. After working with support for few days; here is what we did to fix it instead of re-install the ARSERVER.
1. Excute the following command to install the service
armaild.bat install “C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_15\bin\jvm.dll” “C:\Program Files\AR System\AREmail” %ARVersion% %servername%
2. Edit the registry to point the JRE path correctly.
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\%AREMAIL Service Name%\Parameters
Check the JVM Library Path to make sure jvm.dll is in that folder.
3. Click Start | Run | Type “services.msc”
4. Select the AREMAIL Service. Right click | Properties | Click on Logon Tab | Click on This account | Input the account info. | click OK
5. Try to start services. If it does not; you need to check the account format. Exampe: domain\accouint or account@domain.
By youngso on BMCDN