August 27th, 2010
“An Error Has Occurred in the Script on This Page“, on a first look this may not appear as a remedy issue, and partly yes it’s not an remedy issue. But, when users access remedy through mid-tier on a browser like Internet Explorer, this may be your issue. Follow these steps to fix this typical browser related issue caused by improper scripting on the web page.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps on remedy side:
- Close all the open browser windows.
- Navigate to the temp folder on the local machine. Generally located at C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Temp
- Delete all the temp files
- Restart the system if needed
- Open the browser and try to reproduce the error
Note: Sometime a reinstalling remedy user fixes this problem.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type Regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
- When prompted with the DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded message, click OK.
If the issue persists, follow these steps:
- Open the Java Virtual Machine.
- Close all browser instances of Internet Explorer.
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under Browsing, click to clear the Enable third-party browser extensions (requires restart) check box.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
If the issue still exists, follow these steps:
- Open the Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools, and then Options.
- Click on the Advance tab.
- Under Browsing, select the Disable Script Debugging check box.
- Click OK to close all windows, and restart the computer.