If follow BMCDN regularly, you might have noticed the announcement of beta release of next major version BMC Action Request System 7.6.03. The beta phase starts for exclusive members selected by BMC and it starts on May 17, 201o. Read the details below get ready for more details which will be released in the kickoff party on next Monday.
Read the release post David J Easter on BMCDN here:
Announcing BMC Remedy Action Request System 7.6.03 Beta Customer Program!
BMC is pleased to announce plans to enter the beta phase of AR System 7.6.03 on May 17th, 2010. Please read these instructions carefully if you want to apply for this upcoming BMC Remedy Action Request System 7.6.03 Customer Program.
What’s new in BMC Remedy Action Request System 7.6.03?
The following are some of the high level enhancements currently expected to be part of AR System 7.6.03:
- Ad-hoc graphical reporting
– Enables graphical reporting through the web client without requiring SAP (Business Objects / Crystal Reports)
– Benefit: No additional cost to customer for simple reporting on the web
– Enforces best practice development within Developer Studio
– Preserves customizations during upgrade of AR System powered applications
– Benefit: Protects business investment in customizations
- Improved User Experience
– New home page including end-user personalization options
– Drag and Drop between tables and fields
– Rich Text Formatting support
– Cut/Paste into attachments
– Fly-out menus
– Panel resizing based on content
– Benefits: Richer User Experience
- Increased 64-bit Support
– AR System will run as a 64-bit executable when installed on Windows 64-bit OS
– AR System will optionally support 64-bit JVM and 64-bit application servers
– Benefit: Take advantage of extended memory on 64-bit servers, increasing capacity and stability
- Enhanced Search Engine
– Provides a centralized search capability for Full Text Search and ITSM Suite
– Benefit: Centralized administration of search capabilities
- Advanced Developer Tools
– Documentation and Graphical Workflow visualization in Developer Studio
– Enhanced Search and Analysis abilities
– Benefit: Developers become more efficient, utilities centralized in one tool
- L10N Improvements
– Introduces a Localization Toolkit for AR System
– Benefit: Enables partners and customers to more quickly localize applications
* Subject to change before release. All features may not be available at the beginning of the beta phase.
Milestones during the BMC Remedy Action Request System 7.6.03 beta phase
The following milestones are expected during the 7.6.03 beta phase:
BMC Remedy Action Request System 7.6.03 Open Beta for all customers
Tentative Start Date: May 17th, 2010
BMC Remedy Action Request System 7.6.03 Beta Refresh
Tentative Start Date: Mid-June, 2010
BMC Remedy Action Request System 7.6.03 General Availability
Tentative Date: Late Summer, 2010
The open beta will be available to all BMC customers and partners. Any qualified BMC customer or partners can apply for participation the open beta.
Because versioning of future products is fluid, preliminary version numbers for this release may have “leaked” or been assumed prior to this announcement. This announcement solidifies the version of the BMC Remedy AR System “Summer 2010” release to be 7.6.03. This versioning will enable AR System to synchronize its version number with other BMC products releasing in the Summer 2010 time frame.
AR System 7.6.03 represents a revision of the minor release number of AR System and thus is governed by the BMC Product Support Policy.
How to sign up for this program
In order to be considered in any of our BMC Customer Programs, you must:
- Have an active BMC Support ID.
- Complete the BMC Pre-release Software Agreement. You will need a BMC Developer Network login to access the document.
- Fax (408) 716 2771 or email your signed beta agreement email@example.com.
More information can be found at:http://communities.bmc.com/communities/community/programs?view=overview
If you have any questions, contact:
BMC Customer Programs Manager
Phone (408) 571 7248
If you are one of the selected customers/partners for attending the kickoff party, will meet on Monday……